The School of Chemistry has strong links to the community through:
- The Melbourne University Chemical Society (MUCS) organises a lecture series each year that encompasses all aspects of chemistry. Speakers are drawn from the School, the wider University community, other Australian and overseas universities and industry.
- The Chemistry Outreach Program that runs classroom activities for more than 20,000 school students each year, Outreach.
- The School has strong links with the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute (RACI).
- The Chemistry Cultural Collection, which houses the oldest and best-established collection of research instrumentation and chemical samples in Australia, Cultural Collection.
- Regular events for our alumni, Alumni.
- Professional development for Secondary School teachers, run in conjunction with the Chemistry Education Association, CEA.
- Public Lectures and lectures for professional chemists, Events.
- The story of four decades in the School written by Dr Valda McRae, Chemistry@Melbourne.
- Our third-year dinners.